Pages

Saturday

Chicken Tacos

This is one of my favorite go-to recipes. My family just loves them!


 Saute 1 small chopped onion, 1 minced & seeded jalapeno, salt and
pepper in 2-3 tsp. of olive oil, 4-5 minutes or until they
start turning translucent, then add 2 cloves of minced garlic.
Continue to saute until softened.




Add 2 cups of cooked chicken, chopped and the following spices:
1 tsp cumin, 1/2 tsp adobo powder, 1 tsp chili powder, 1/2 tsp southwest seasoning, 1/2 tsp smoked paprika, 1/2 tsp coriander, salt and pepper. 



Stir together well, breaking up chicken with the tip of your spoon. Cook 2-3 minutes then add juice of 1/2 lemon and 1/4 to 1/2 cup of water. 


Let simmer 5-10 minutes.



I like to heat my softshell on a gas burner over very low heat, turning often, until it just begins to bubble. If you don't have a gas burner wrap shells in a clean kitchen towel and heat in the microwave 15-20 seconds.



Serve with your favorite toppings such as: fresh tomatoes, avocado, shredded cheddar cheese, chopped onion, pickled jalapenos, salsa, sour cream and definitely a squirt of lime or lemon (I actually prefer lime).




I had some Spicy Tomatillo Sauce that was made several days before,
which I added to my taco. It was exactly what was needed to put it 
over the top. I eat it on lots of stuff, like fajitas, grilled hot dogs, 
hamburgers and of course tacos. Fabulous!!


No comments:

Post a Comment