Pages

Thursday

Turkey Enchiladas with Creamy Corn and Parsley Topping


Ok, sometimes I hate my computer.


I just had this entire entry finished. Don't know what I did, but I was signing my name and the entire thing disappeared.

It was so witty, really, probably one of the best I've written. *sigh*

Anyway, this was really good, try it. The end!

Here's the turkey browned with the onion and garlic. Then I said something about all the pictures I don't have because sometimes I suck at following through, yadda, yadda yadda.

Creamy corn topping.



Once you have everything else added to the turkey, cheese grated, shells browned, you fill them and place them in your dish as such. Cover and cook!


Very delicioso! True dat!     Lol, oh man,,,,, I should have 
regrouped and done this later. Anyway,


they are very good. I topped mine with fresh tomatoes, avocado and jalapeno.


Turkey Enchiladas with Creamy Corn and Parsley Topping
Topping:
1 1/4 cups frozen corn, thawed
1- 4 oz can chopped green chilies
1/2 cup fresh parsley leaves
1/3 cup whipping cream
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper

Enchiladas:
 3/4 pound ground turkey
1/3 cup chopped onion
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tablespoon olive oil
3/4 cup mild red salsa
1 tablespoon cornmeal
2 teaspoon chili powder
1 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon ground oregano
salt and pepper
8 corn tortillas, warmed or grilled
1 cup pepper jack cheese
1/4 cup sliced olives, optional

Place the first six ingredients in a food processor, cover and pulse until blended. Do not over pulse.
In a large skillet, cook the turkey, onion and garlic in oil over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Remove from heat, stir in salsa, cornmeal and seasonings.
Spoon 1/3 cup turkey mixture down the center of each tortilla, top with two tablespoons cheese. Roll up and place seam side down in a greased 9x13 pan. Lay the tortillas so you have two rows of four tortillas, side by side. Spoon corn mixture over the top.
Cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Uncover (sprinkle with remaining cheese if desired), and bake for additional 5-10 minutes longer until heated and top starts to brown.
Serves 4

These are well worth a try. I pretty sure you'll enjoy them alot.

Andrea

P.S.  I like my computer and am very thankful I have one.

2 comments:

  1. Andrea, just stumled upon your site and love it. PS if you ever lose everything like that again try hitting "undo". I liked this write up a lot though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you stopped by, and thanks for the tip ;)

      Delete