Pages

Saturday

Skillet Corn Bread



This is the "delicious" corn bread I ended up serving with my "delicious" Chicken, Sausage and White Bean Chili.  All kidding aside, it really was very tasty.

I'm sure my cornbread recipe isn't that much different from any of the other 1000's out there, but, it is simple and pretty much no-fail, and scrumptious. It also has a great crumb, which I really enjoy. 

It's not too bready or too cornmeal-ly, and before you say anything, I know those words are probably not real, but I think they're descriptive, just the same, and,,,,,,that's just the way I roll.

Nice crust, very good. Over-exposed,not so much.



Skillet Corn Bread

¼ cup butter, plus 2 tbsp
1 cup corn meal
1/2 cup flour
1 tsp salt
1 tbsp sugar
1 tbsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 cup buttermilk
1/2 cup milk
1 egg

Heat oven to 400 degrees.

Heat a 10” cast iron skillet over medium heat and melt 2 tbsp butter.

Mix together corn meal, flour, salt, sugar, baking powder and baking soda. In a 2 cup liquid measuring cup, mix together buttermilk and milk. Add egg and beat together with a fork. Pour into flour mixture and stir just until combined. Melt 1/4 cup butter and stir into cornbread mixture. 

Pour into the heated skillet and bake in oven for 20-25 minutes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment