Thursday

Lemon Garlic Grilled Shrimp


It's 84 degrees here today. I actually broke out the grill several weeks ago, cause that's just the way I roll. To be honest, I think I actually grilled out a couple of times in the dead of winter.

I'm excited about all the outdoor cooking headed my way. Not only because it tastes so darn good, but I really enjoy how much easier the clean-up is for our meals.



Anyway, the weather made me want to start pulling out all those summer-y recipes. That's how I came across this one. It's been awhile since I've made it, but it's definitely going on my list.

So easy and so delicious!


Linked up with Jennifer Cooks Fusion Friday and Rattlebridge Farm: Foodie Friday.


Lemon Garlic Grilled Shrimp

2 lbs of large shrimp, shelled and deveined
1 lemon
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1/8 tsp red pepper flakes
1 tbsp olive oil
salt and pepper

Place shrimp in a 1 gallon plastic bag. Half lemon and juice both sides into bag. Throw in lemon halves, garlic, pepper flakes olive oil, salt and pepper. Mix together gently and marinate in the refrigerator apprx. 15 minutes. Thread shrimp onto metal or soaked wooden skewers and grill in a pre-heated medium high grill for 1 1/2-2 minutes per side or just until shrimp turns opague. Do not over cook.

I like to serve these along side a big bowl of buttered pasta with fresh basil & lemon or any simple pasta would do.



Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment