Wednesday

Squash and Goat Cheese Pasta

Pin It

Pasta is one of my favorite things. 

It's so easy and can be made hundreds of different ways.


With lots of fresh squash hanging out in my fridge, I wanted to use some in a hearty 
side dish to go along with these great strips steaks I found at the grocery store.

This pasta fit the bill perfectly. Also, my basil plant is going crazy, so I obviously
needed to use a bunch of that too.

SO GOOD!

Add the meat right into the pasta and it would make a great entree.



I also got these cherries when I picked up the steaks, which has nothing to do with anything, 
except that they were really good and I like the photo.

Linked with Weekend Potluck and Foodie Friday.


Squash, Goat Cheese and Basil Pasta


Serves 6-8

1 lb Fettucini or Spaghetti
2 tbsp olive oil
1 onion, cut in strips
1 red pepper, cut in strips
2-3 Fresno chilis, seeded
3 cloves of garlic, minced
3 yellow squash, cut in strips
1 1/2 cups chicken stock
1/4 cup basil pesto
3 oz goat cheese
1 cup Parmigiano Reggiano
Salt and pepper to taste
1 cup fresh basil, torn or chiffonade

Cook pasta in boiling salted water until just shy of al dente.

Heat a large skillet over medium-low heat and add olive oil. Drop in onion, red pepper and chilies with a pinch of salt and pepper; sauté until softened. Add garlic and squash; cook 3-4 minutes longer.

Stir in pesto until combined; pour in chicken stock. Add cooked pasta and toss for a couple of minutes for pasta to absorb some of the stock. Tear goat cheese into chunks and stir into pasta along with the parmigiano reggiano until melted. Taste for seasoning, adding salt and pepper if needed. Drop in basil and toss to combine.

Serve with more parmigiano and fresh basil if desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment