Tuesday

Green Chile Sliders with Tangy Tomatillo-Lime Sauce

I made Rachel Ray's sliders the other day and they were awesome!
Just 2 things for football fare that day and both were the bomb.
We had Baked Buffalo Wings and these sliders.


They were easy too. I used Hatch chiles and just threw them on the gas range top to blacken. 
Once peeled, seeded and chopped, just mix those in with the meat and some cumin.

For the sauce...simple. Just blend it all in the food processor. 
The only thing I will probably add to the burger next time is a slice of onion.
DELICIOUS!

Linked with Sunflower Supper Club: Weekend Potluck, Rattlebridge Farm: Foodie Friday 

Pin It


Green Chile Sliders with Tangy Tomatillo-Lime Sauce

2 large poblano chiles (I used Hatch)
1 1/2 pounds ground beef chuck or sirloin
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
1 tsp of salt
1/2 tsp of pepper
Sliced cheese
4 tomatillos, husks removed and coarsely chopped
1 jalapeno or serrano chile, chopped
1/2 white onion, coarsely chopped
1/3 cup cilantro or flat-leaf parsley leaves (a generous handful)
Grated peel plus juice of 1 lime
2 tablespoons honey
Salt and pepper to taste



Preheat the broiler. Place the poblanos on a baking sheet and broil, turning, until blackened. Transfer to a bowl; cover. Let stand until cool enough to handle. Peel off the skins and remove the seeds; discard. Chop into 1/2-inch pieces.

Sauce:  Using a food processor, mix the tomatillos, jalapeno, onion, cilantro, lime peel, lime juice and honey until smooth; season with salt and pepper to taste.

In a large bowl, season the beef with the cumin, salt and pepper; combine. Mix in the poblanos. Halve the meat mixture and form each half into four 3-inch patties.

Preheat a skillet over medium heat and cook the patties, turning once, about 5-7 minutes for medium-rare, or until desired doneness. During the last minute of cooking, top with a slice of cheese and tent with foil. Spread the roll tops with the tomatillo sauce and assemble the sliders. Serve with the extra sauce.

11 comments:

  1. This is going to be my next burger too. Soooooo good!!!! Fab post Andrea :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your hamburger looks really good! Thanks for sharing on Foodie Friends Friday! Please come back on Sunday to VOTE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These would be really yummy toppings at for a slider bar at a party. great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW, two of my favs; burger AND poblanos!! Can't wait to try this recipe :D Found you after I posted my foodie friday recipes~!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for this recipe! My farm share often gives me a handful of tomatillos and I never know what to do with them in a small amount. Earlier in the season I saved them up for a couple of weeks and, when the local store had Hatch chilies roasting for a weekend special, I canned a bunch of sauce. So this winter I'll be set, but in the short term, I've bookmarked this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your welcome Kirsten, and I bet your sauce is going to be delish.

      Delete