Tuesday

Homemade Orange Marmalade Ice Cream


What a great treat this was.

Really enjoyed the chunks of orange rind from the marmalade. 
And look at those specks of vanilla awesomeness in there. Now that's flavor!


Perfect served with the chocolate brownies that my son whipped up. It makes me happy that he likes to cook, and from what I can tell, has a natural knack for it.
I thought I had the brownie recipe already posted, but I guess not. Won't be long before I do though, he already wants to make them again, and I kinda feel like, the sooner the better. 

Simple and delicious!

Linked with Weekend Potluck.

Pin It


Homemade Orange Marmalade Ice Cream

1 1/4 cups heavy cream
1 1/4 cups half & half
1/3 cup sugar
Pinch of salt
1 vanilla bean
1/3 cup orange marmalade

Place cream, half & half, sugar and salt into a medium size sauce pan. Split the vanilla bean and gently scrape out the inside; add it to the pan along with the whole bean sections. Stir to combine; heat over medium heat until mixture is hot and sugar is dissolved, stirring occasionally. Do not boil. Remove from heat and cool, then place into the refrigerator and chill until cold. Strain ice cream mixture and freeze in an ice cream machine according to manufactures instructions. Right before ice cream is done, add orange marmalade and continue running machine to combine. For a firmer consistency, place ice cream into a freezer safe container and freeze for 20-30 minutes.

2 comments:

  1. Andrea,
    In my family I'd buy the jar of marmalade on a whim, have a bit of it, then utterly lose the desire for marmalade. So this recipe would be an amazing way to use up an opened jar from my fridge.
    Thanks! It now has me interested in adapting some of the candied grapefruit peel from my freezer into an ice cream . . .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, that sounds like it would be delish. Let me know how it turns out when you make it.

      Delete