Tuesday

Cherry Almond Biscotti

I've recently started a small bible study (but willing to grow) in my home on 
Tuesday mornings and have been trying to come up with some yummy finger food 
to go along with our chai and coffee.


This past meeting I made some delicious Biscotti. 
Loved the large chunks of cherries and almonds.

The first meeting I made some Zucchini Bread, and instead of just butter for the spread, I made some Cinnamon Honey Cream Cheese by simply stirring a little honey and some cinnamon into softened cream cheese. It was fabulous.


I'm trying to keep it interesting and have no idea yet what I'm going to make for next week, so if you have any favorite recipes or suggestions, definitely drop me a line. 
Thanks!

Linked with Sunflower Supper Club: Weekend Potluck
Rattlebridge Farm: Foodie Friday



Cherry Almond Biscotti

2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup butter, room temperature
1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
1/2 tsp almond extract
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 large eggs
2/3 cup dried cherries
1/2 cup almonds, chopped


Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.

Line a heavy large baking sheet with parchment paper. Whisk the flour and baking powder in a medium bowl to blend. Using an electric mixer, beat the sugar, butter, lemon zest, almond extract and salt in a large bowl to blend. Beat in the eggs 1 at a time. Add the flour mixture and beat just until blended. Stir in the dried cherries and almonds.

Form the dough into a 13-inch long, 3-inch wide log on the prepared baking sheet (flour hands to help with stickiness). Bake until light golden, about 25 minutes. Cool for 20 minutes.

Place the log on the cutting board. Using a sharp serrated knife, cut the log on a diagonal into 1/2 to 3/4-inch-thick slices. Arrange the biscotti cut side down on the baking sheet. Bake until they are pale golden, about 12 minutes, turning half way through. Transfer to a rack and cool completely.

4 comments:

  1. What a lovely idea. I've got a tub of dried cherries that are multiplying in my pantry, so I'm always looking for uses for them.
    I'm a huge muffin fan, so I always bring muffins to morning coffee events, but these biscotti look great.
    Thanks, Andrea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Muffins sound good. May have to make some for next time. Thanks, Kirsten.

      Delete
  2. Hi Andrea! You have some wonderful recipes here on your blog! You can get a lot of recipes at Smitten Kitchen. Home Joys has a lot of made from scratch recipes I love. Sounds like you have a good source yourself! Thanks for sharing! Blessings from Bama!

    ReplyDelete