Roasted Brussels Sprouts

I never think to make these much.

My hubby loves 'em. I on the other hand, was forced to eat them when I was young. Back then, I was forced to eat a lot of vegetables I thought were from the devil. I had to hold my nose and chew really fast, then I would drink whatever "thing" it was, down with my drink. Oh, the memories.  My mom was very conscientious about us 5 kids and our veggys.

Of course, now that I'm much older, I thank God she did. Besides the fact that I was, and am, blessed, and with good genes, I think that's one of the main reasons our entire family is so healthy.

Anyway, I like many vegetables now, including these and cooked like this, they're extra tasty.

Aren't they so pretty. I'm glad I can actually appreciate them now.

Ooo-la-lah,,,these are pretty too. Kept the entire meal easy by serving up a couple of  ribeye steaks.

 I just let them hang out a few minutes with Worcestershire, salt and pepper on both sides, 
then threw them on the grill. Easy & delicious!

I think they would be a great Thanksgiving side dish. 
They're super easy and I love the look of them.

Here's the recipe. It's pretty much exactly like Ina Garten's recipe, but I finished off the cooking of mine differently.

Roasted Brussels Sprouts

Serves 6

  • 1 1/2 pounds Brussels sprouts
  • 3 tablespoons good olive oil
  • 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper


Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.

Cut off the brown ends of the Brussels sprouts and pull off any yellow outer leaves. Mix them in a bowl with the olive oil, salt and pepper. Pour them on a sheet pan and roast for 35 to 40 minutes, until crisp on the outside and tender on the inside. Shake the pan from time to time to brown the sprouts evenly. Sprinkle with more kosher salt ( I like these salty like French fries), and serve immediately.

I thought mine were getting a little too much color compared to tenderness, so I pulled them out about 10 minutes early and put them in a bowl with a splash of water, sprinkled them with salt, then covered with plastic wrap and finished them off in the microwave for another minute or so. I let them sit in there until I was ready for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment