Monday

Chicken Artichoke Mozzarella Sausages with Peperonata



I've wanted to try these Chicken Sausages for a while now, but never got them on my grocery list or thought about it at the store, until the other day. I ended up fixing them for us to eat during play-off games Saturday.

I know there's several different flavors out there, but these are the ones that I came across.

Since the flavors kinda scream Italian, I thought, "Why not top them with a Peperonata of sorts?", so I did, and it was good. Really good.

Here's what I did:

I sauteed up some red peppers, onion, salt and pepper in a skillet, heated up with a little bit of olive oil.

Once they had started to soften I added a couple cloves of garlic, some Italian seasoning and a few cherry tomatoes I had sitting around. I probably added about 8-10 of them, quartered length wise, then sauteed it for another 5-10 minutes.

When it was done, this is what it looked like. IKR!

I cooked them in a little bit of water, flipping once. 

Once the water had evaporated, I added a drizzle of olive oil, rolling the sausages around to coat, and continued to cook for some nice color on the outside.

Like this!

Then I just placed them on a toasted hot dog bun, topped it with some spicy brown mustard and piled on the peperonata. It was really delicious. After the photo, I actually piled more of the peppers on and ate it with a fork, they were that good and went perfect with the sausage.

Next time I think I may use sub rolls, that way I could eat all the peppers I wanted and they would hold up a little better. Either way, huge hit.

No comments:

Post a Comment