Wednesday

Spinach Mandarin Orange & Gorgonzola Salad with Balsamic Vinaigrette

Doesn't this salad look good?!?

It took about 5 minutes total to make,
including the vinaigrette.


So fresh and full of big flavors.


Just put the quantity of baby spinach you want on a plate. Add mandarin oranges,
saving some juice for the vinaigrette, sliced onions, crumbled gorgonzola cheese,
chopped red pepper, crumbled bacon and croutons.

To make the vinaigrette; pour about 1 tbsp of good balsamic vinegar into a small bowl,
add 2-3 tsp of juice from oranges, salt and pepper. Whisk in 2-3 tsp of extra virgin olive oil
and that's it. Drizzle it over your salad and enjoy! 

If your looking for a good balsamic at a reasonable price, Williams-Sonoma has one that I love.
It's the only balsamic I use, and no, I have no affiliation with WS.          


Pretty sure it's made by Olivier Napa Valley, just for them, and barrel aged 25 years. 
It has a really rich, slightly sweet flavor. I love it.
I like to drizzle it over my salads and even on brown rice, as is. 
It prices out around $24.00 for 15.5 fluid oz. Cool bottle too!


No comments:

Post a Comment