Wednesday

Creamy Artichoke Sauce with Tortelloni

My new favorite dish! (as of today)




Super simple and fast, but tastes like it took hours.

I bet this didn't take me more than 15 minutes or so to get on the table.

It was AWESOME! 

My hubby told me it was the best sauce I have ever put over tortelloni. 
That's pretty much a big deal, because I've made a lot of sauces.

Definitely should try. I think you'll love it.

Linked with Weekend Potluck and Foodie Friday.

Pin It

Creamy Artichoke Sauce with Tortelloni

20 oz. Spinach & Ricotta Tortelloni, (like Buitoni)
1 tbsp olive oil
1 onion, chopped
3-4 cloves of garlic, minced
Salt and pepper
Pinch of red pepper flakes
2 tbsp basil pesto
7.5 oz marinated artichoke hearts, drained & chopped (reserve liquid)
2/3 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
1/3 cup sundried tomatoes, chopped
1/3 cup heavy cream
1/4-1/3 cup water
2 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
Fresh grated Parmesan for garnish.

Bring a large pot of salted water to boil for tortelloni. I would wait to drop until sauce is almost done.

Heat olive oil over med. heat in a skillet. Saute onions with a pinch of salt and pepper until they start to soften. Stir in garlic and red pepper flakes. Saute for a couple minutes more then stir in pesto and artichoke hearts. Stir in 1/4 cup of the reserved liquid from artichokes, cherry tomatoes, sundried tomatoes, cream and water. Cook stirring often until thickened, apprx. 4-5 minutes. You can add more water for a looser sauce. Check for seasoning adding salt/pepper if desired. Stir in parsley and serve over tortelloni with some fresh grated parmesan.



2 comments:

  1. This looks so good! I really should try making something with artichoke sometime...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, you really should Cathleen. I have grown to simply LOVE it. Especially the marinated you buy in the jar.

      Delete