Wednesday

Layered Lettuce Salad


It sometimes surprises me how something so simple can produce something so amazing.

Like this Layered Lettuce Salad.


You simply throw a variety of vegetables in a bowl and cover them with a layer of Miracle Whip, cheese and bacon, then let it sit over night. Hours later, stir it up, and you have something really special.

I know most of you have either heard of it or tried it, but since the first time I made this (at least 30 years ago), it has been one of my very favorites.

Pin It

LAYERED LETTUCE SALAD

3/4 head of lettuce, I used mixture of iceberg and romaine
1/2 cup green onions, chopped
1/2 cup green bell pepper, chopped, I mixed green and red
1/2 cup celery, chopped
2 cups frozen peas
3/4 cup Miracle Whip
4 oz sharp cheddar cheese, grated
3/4 cup cooked bacon, chopped apprx. 6 slices

Layer in order of ingredients, cover in saran wrap and let sit overnight in refrigerator. Stir together and enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment