Friday

Mushroom Asparagus Risotto


This was really easy and delicious. Creamy and full of great flavor.

Whoever created risotto is a genius. Just sayin. The possibilities are endless. Sweet, savory, spicy,,,you choose.

I used asparagus tips in this recipe, but it would be equally delicious with peas or squash, whatever you like. I've also made a Creamy Pumpkin Risotto. It was scrumptious!


Mushroom Asparagus Risotto


8 cups low-sodium chicken broth
¼ cup butter
2 tbsp olive oil
2 c. onion
10 oz. mushrooms
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 ½ cup Arborio
2/3 cup dry white wine
¾ cup asparagus tips
2/3 cup parmesan, freshly grated

Heat up broth and keep warm. (If using dried mushrooms, rehydrate them in the broth).


Saute chopped onion in the butter and olive oil. Saute for a couple of minutes. Add mushrooms and garlic and cook until liquid released from mushrooms has evaporated. Stir in rice and toast 2 minutes, stirring often. Add wine and cook until almost evaporated.


Once the wine has almost evaporated, add the stock one ladle at a time. Keep adding stock once it has almost evaporated in the pan.  You will use 6 – 8 cups.


Stir in asparagus and parmesan cheese and heat through. Taste for salt and pepper.

NOTE: I didn’t have low-sodium broth so I waited until the end to add salt (I don’t even think it needed any).

All I am say-ing,,,,is give risotto a try (lol, I had to). I would love to hear all your creative ideas!

Andrea

No comments:

Post a Comment