Wednesday

Bengal Tiger Pizza

Pin It

I don't know if you guys remember or not, but several weeks ago I posted about my trip to Kansas City, We're not in Kansas anymore,  where my hubby and I enjoyed Bengal Tiger Pizza at Grinders. It's actually been featured on "Diners, Drive-inns and Dives" with, you know who, Guy Fieri.


Well, as you've probably already realized, this pizza is the bomb. 
I knew somewhat the ingredients on it, but not the specifics. 

Until now.


I actually found the chefs original recipe. "Let the choirs sing"

I made it for lunch the other day, and yes, it tastes pretty much exact.

The only part they didn't have in the recipe was the Tandoori Chicken, which I made myself.
It actually tasted just like their's. I included the recipe below.

I think next time I'm going to go lighter on the toppings so each flavor shines through.  I used some leftover basil pesto I had on hand, and mixed it in with the green sauce recipe. 
Also, I used my own pizza dough recipe, because I love it, 
but didn't roll it as thin (wish I would have).



Either way...you really gotta try it.


Note: This is the original recipe. I adjusted amounts to suit my taste and used my own dough recipe which I noted above.

Bengal Tiger Pizza

Dough:
20 rounded cups high-gluten flour
1 ounce salt
5 ounces slow rise yeast
2 cups body temperature water
1 to 2 tablespoons olive oil

Green Sauce:
1/2 pound fresh basil, leaves only
1/4 cup fresh cilantro, leaves only
4 cloves garlic
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Olive oil

Pizza:
About 2 cups mozzarella pizza cheese
About 2 cups provolone pizza cheese
2 cups tandoori chicken, cooked
1 cup real crab meat
1 (4-inch) piece hearts of palm, thinly sliced
1/4 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro leaves

For the dough:
Mix all ingredients 3 to 4 minutes until done, being careful not to mix too long so that the dough becomes tough. Add the olive oil and roll it into the dough. Place the dough in a pot, cover loosely with plastic and refrigerate for 8 hours.
Remove dough from pot and roll into 18-ounce balls, place on a tray and let rise 6 to 8 more hours.

For the green sauce:
Blend all ingredients in a blender, slowly adding olive oil until the consistency becomes slightly thinner than peanut butter.

For the pizza:
Preheat oven to 550 degrees F.
Roll and toss 1 ball dough until it's 18 to 20-inches around. Reserve remaining dough for another use or for other pizzas.
Place on a pizza pan and cover with green sauce, any leftovers keep in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.

Top with a blend of mozzarella and provolone pizza cheese.
Add the tandoori chicken, real crab meat and hearts of palm.

Bake for approximately 15 minutes or until the crust is golden brown. Remove from oven and top with the fresh cilantro.

TANDOORI CHICKEN

1/3 cup yogurt
1/2 tsp coriander
1/2 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp turmeric
1/4 tsp ginger
1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
12 whole cloves
Juice of 1/2 lemon
Salt and Pepper
2-3 boneless, skinless chicken breast

Place first 12 ingredients into a medium size bowl and blend. Add chicken breast and stir to coat evenly. Cover and place in fridge for 3-6 hours. Grill over med-high heat (indoor or out) for 3-5 minutes per side, or until cooked through. Cool and cut into bite size pieces.

1 comment:

  1. This looks delicious. Will have to give it a try this summer. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete