Monday

Curried Chicken Salad

Pin It

This chicken salad has such a great flavor. 

I'ts another one of the recipes my sister and I used when we were catering lunches.


I like it best on a croissant, and if you use the cocktail croissants (which are not that small), 
it's not that high in calories or fat (2 ww pts per croissant).

If you don't use rotisserie chicken from the grocery store or leftovers, take the time to 
roast a couple of chicken breasts. I think it makes for more flavorful meat 
and a better texture than boiling it.


The chicken salad alone only has 7 points for a generous serving, 
but tastes like it would have much more.
There's less than 1/2 serving on each croissant,
so I would figure maybe 4-5 points per sandwich.

Very elegant tasting and great to entertain with.

Linked with Weekend Potluck and Foodie Friday.


Curried Chicken Salad
6 servings

3 cups cooked chicken
1/2 cup celery
1 tbsp relish
1 tbsp minced onion
1/4 cup golden raisins (or regular)
1 tsp curry
1/2 cup miracle whip, light
2 tsp vinegar
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp sugar
1 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
1/8 tsp celery seed

Stir together chicken, celery, relish, onion and raisins.

In a separate bowl, stir together remaining ingredients, pour over chicken and gently stir to blend.

9 comments:

  1. This looks absolutely delicious! Perfect for an on-the-go lunch. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmm...I really enjoy sandwiches using croissants - so buttery and good! Your chicken salad recipe looks great! I never to add raisins to a chicken salad like this and I find this to be a wonderful idea! I love combining meat with fruit for added sweetness and texture. Looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look super delicious! Would love for you to check out our Weekend Potluck link party. Every Friday you can post your favorites and they are shared on 5 blogs. Here is a link to last weeks. Hope you'll visit this Friday.
    http://sunflowersupperclub.blogspot.com/2012/04/weekend-potluck-15.html
    Have a great evening!
    ~Kim

    ReplyDelete
  4. Miracle Whip, is it important to the flavor of the dressing, or can I use mayo instead?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think mayo would work. I like a slight tang and just a hint of sweetness, so depending on your taste, you may want to up the vinegar and sugar just a tad. Give it a try, you can always adjust it if needed. Let me know how you like it :)

      Delete
  5. It must be the season for chicken salad. I'm posting our recipe for chicken salad next week! LOL. Thankfully, it's different than yours. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's always room for another recipe :) I'm sure it's delish!

      Delete
  6. Can't wait to make this for a cool Summer meal - thanks for the tips and the recipe (:

    ReplyDelete